Friday, November 12, 2010

Angry Tenants Take Landlord To Court

A must read about our building from the New York Times Local Blog. Click on the text below to go to the article:

Galron Realty is owned by the Moses family, headed by Henry Moses Jr. Galron bought 114 East First Street for $5.2 million in the summer of 2005, according to the city’s Department of Finance. The Moses family owns several real-estate management companies around the city through Vanderleigh Properties, based in Tuckahoe, not far from Yonkers. (The company’s sparse website says that any similarity with the fictional Vandelay from “Seinfeld” is pure coincidence. Their subsidiaries all bear “Star Trek”-inspired names: Galron, 7 of 8, Borg, Praxis, Vulcan, and others.)

1 comment:

  1. What was the outcome of your court case? I live at 235 E. 4th St. also owned by Henry Moses (under Reaper Realty, Vanderleigh Properties and Opillio Realty) I am at my wit's end right now. Since he bought my building a few years back I have had nothing but problems as a rent stabilized tenant. Now a gut renovation above me had made holes in my ceiling through which plaster and debris has been raining since August. The city has issued Class C violations and he has yet to comply with the repairs. My bedroom ceiling is cracked and dangerously sagging. I am going to court in Jan but right now the dangerous construction continues!!!

    ReplyDelete